Are you awesome? We’re hiring.
As part of a dynamic team committed to providing quality support, you will enjoy a rewarding work environment that promotes dignity, values, rights and inclusion of the people we support. Community Living South Huron is always seeking applicants who feel they have the skills and abilities to help us fulfill our mission.
CLSH is a vibrant place to work. Whether you’re looking for a career as a direct support worker, an administrative or management professional, we offer an exceptional work environment, excellent people and rewarding experiences.
Estimated time : 1 minute
Shots 1 – 4;
Speak about the organization and the work you do.
Shots 5 – 9;
Speak about recruiting.
- Since 1968 Community Living South Huron has been advocating for people with developmental disabilities within our community.
- Opening scene, a falling maple seed is spinning toward the ground.
- As it reaches the ground it is met by an animated illustration of a group of people (symbolizing the founders) holding the opening ceremony of Community Living.
- A building with a banner saying “Community Living.”
- A dull sun begins to rise in the horizon.
- Screen transitions or a logo pops up for developmental disabilities. (in time with V.O) The illustration will look old as if it were 1968.
- Our founders believed in a better life for their children and wanted them to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
- The screen cuts to the growing maple seedling, its getting bigger and forming roots (within the community).
- The sun is getting higher and brighter.
- Little did this small group of dedicated people know, their small beginning would grow into an organization of over 100 people supported and 85 employees.
- More illustrated people pop up on screen to visualize the growth of the organization.
- #100 icon is held on a sign by one of the people and #85 is held by someone else, in time with V.O.
- Our employees are dedicated to providing positive, engaging and meaningful supports to the individuals that we serve.
- Screen transition, Smooth slide to the left. Icons animate on to illustrate positive, engaging and support.
- Another icon comes in, intellectual challenges icon, when the VO talks about the individuals you serve.
- Community Living South Huron is deeply rooted within our community, supporting individuals to live in their own homes, to work and participate as full citizens.
- Cut shot to the tree again when the VO is talking about being deeply rooted.
- The maple tree is now fully grown with roots penetrating deeply into the ground.
- Again the sun gets higher and brighter.
- Through advocacy, education and innovation, Community Living South Huron assists people with developmental disabilities to thrive, building a life of their choosing.
- Icons illustrating advocacy, education and innovation and developmental disabilities interact with each other.
- Community Living is described as an“amazing Organization to work for”. A place where “staff feel appreciated and cared for” “Always aim to give individuals opportunities for growth and celebrate uniqueness.” “Supervisors are great at providing support when needed and letting you know they appreciate your efforts”
- When the quotes are being said, the words will animate on screen either with a fade or a type effect.
- So if you want to make a difference in people’s lives and have a personal philosophy of the inclusion of all people… apply today.
- Screen transition to a resume being sent online.
- Computer screen animation with email icons and document icons.
- TOGETHER WE SHINE!!
- The tag line animates on screen.
- The sun from earlier is now centre screen and bright! The sun flares animate on to reveal the logo.
- The Community Living South Huron logo contact details and social media info fade on screen.
Why Work for Community Living South Huron?
If you’re looking for a career-path that allows you to make an impact, to be a part of an organization that is committed to inspiring possibilities for people with developmental disabilities – we want to hear from you!
Part Time Direct Support Workers
Community Living South Huron provides supports to adults who have a developmental disability to live in their own homes, to work and to participate in their communities. We are a community organization dedicated to providing support to people with developmental disabilities through education, advocacy and innovation.
This is a rewarding job, a chance to make a difference in someone’s life!
- 2 year community college diploma in behavioural/social services or relevant work experience is desired
- Ability to act as an advocate
- Demonstrated initiative, effective interpersonal skills, flexibility, team player, excellent oral communication, and excellent written communication
- A strong personal philosophy and practice of the inclusion of all people
- Valid G Driver’s License or equivalent
- First Aid/CPR certificate
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check
- Work related personal references
- Proficiency in documentation and the use of computer
- Access to a reliable vehicle with insurance coverage is required for all employees
Considering a Career Change?
If you are considering a career in supporting people with developmental disabilities there are some things you should know. Check out this realistic job preview video to find out what being a direct support worker is all about directly from those who do the work every day. This video will help you to decide whether this position is a good fit for your personality, values and skills.
How Do I apply?
To apply to any of the above postings, please email your cover letter and resume to Katie Fox, Service Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org new email. Please quote the job posting title in your subject line.
We thank all applicants, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Community Living South Huron strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please contact Katie Fox, Service Development Manager 519-237-3637opens phone dialer ext. 634 in advance of attending an interview.