Are you awesome? We’re hiring.
As part of a dynamic team committed to providing quality support, you will enjoy a rewarding work environment that promotes dignity, values, rights and inclusion of the people we support. Community Living South Huron is always seeking applicants who feel they have the skills and abilities to help us fulfill our mission.
CLSH is a vibrant place to work. Whether you’re looking for a career as a direct support worker, an administrative or management professional, we offer an exceptional work environment, excellent people and rewarding experiences.
Why Work for Community Living South Huron?
If you’re looking for a career-path that allows you to make an impact, to be a part of an organization that is committed to inspiring possibilities for people with developmental disabilities – we want to hear from you!
Part Time Direct Support Workers
Community Living South Huron provides supports to adults who have a developmental disability to live in their own homes, to work and to participate in their communities. We are a community organization dedicated to providing support to people with developmental disabilities through education, advocacy and innovation.
This is a rewarding job, a chance to make a difference in someone’s life!
- 2 year community college diploma in behavioural/social services or relevant work experience is desired
- Ability to act as an advocate
- Demonstrated initiative, effective interpersonal skills, flexibility, team player, excellent oral communication, and excellent written communication
- A strong personal philosophy and practice of the inclusion of all people
- Valid G Driver’s License or equivalent
- First Aid/CPR certificate
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check
- Work related personal references
- Proficiency in documentation and the use of computer
- Access to a reliable vehicle with insurance coverage is required for all employees.
Considering a Career Change?
If you are considering a career in supporting people with developmental disabilities there are some things you should know. Check out this realistic job preview video to find out what being a direct support worker is all about directly from those who do the work every day. This video will help you to decide whether this position is a good fit for your personality, values and skills.
How Do I apply?
To apply to any of the above postings, please email your cover letter and resume to Katie Fox, Service Development Manager, at . Please quote the job posting title in your subject line.
We thank all applicants, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Community Living South Huron strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please contact Katie Fox, Service Development Manager ext. 634 in advance of attending an interview.